The Big Red Kitchen Heads Outdoors
Summer Grill Tip
Have you tried the California Chicken Burger? We're sharing a seasonal favorite from the Big Red Tap & Grill! We encourage you to get creative with your toppings and here's a great one: Pesto!
We've partnered with our colleagues at Cornell Wellness on this tasty and healthy summertime treat!
Total Time: 5 min
Yield: 4- 2 tablespoon servings
2 cups fresh basil leaves
¼ cup almonds, sliced
⅓ cup vegetable stock
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Place basil, walnuts, vegetable stock and garlic in food processor bowl and puree to desired thickness and until all ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Add oil, Parmesan cheese and salt. Process until mixture is well blended.
- To make this into a meal, toss with pasta, use as a sandwich spread, or dip bagel chips. Enjoy!
California Style Chicken Burger
1 pound ground chicken
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon minced cilantro
1 teaspoon minced scallion
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce (preferably Mae Ploy)
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
TT salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients except the fresh breadcrumbs and flour in the bowl of a Kitchen Aid mixer. Mix on the lowest setting until ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Turn the mixer off and add the breadcrumbs and flour. Mix for an additional 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to rest overnight so that the flavors can meld together.
- Portion into 4 ounce patties and grill until thoroughly cooked, about five-six minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature is 165F degrees.