125 years of membership, 25 years in our midtown Manhattan clubhouse.
A small group of Alumni formed The Cornell Club of New York.
The Club rented rooms at the Royalton Apartment Hotel on West 44th Street.
1900 – 1939
The Club moved from the Royalton Apartment Hotel to 65 Park Avenue and then to Madison Avenue at 38th Street.
On its 50th anniversary, The Club moved uptown to the Hotel Barclay (now the InterContinental) at 48th Street.
The Club moved further uptown to 50th Street at 3rd Avenue.
The Club started searching for a permanent home while temporarily relocating to first the Women’s National Headquarters and then to NYU’s Town Hall facility.
1985 – 1989
The Club found its current home at 6 East 44th Street in midtown Manhattan, between Fifth & Madison Avenues. Formerly the offices of the Chicago Pneumatic Tube Corporation, the building was a gift to Cornell University. After the University acquired the building in 1986, a three year renovation was undertaken. The firm of Gensler & Associates of San Francisco, CA completed the renovation.
The Clubhouse opened its doors to Cornell Club Members on December 1st, 1989.
The Club celebrated its 20th Anniversary at its current clubhouse.
The Club celebrates its 25th Anniversary at its current clubhouse and recognition as A Five Star Club - A Platinum Club of America.